Wednesday, May 14, 2008

how to make a temporary greenhouse out of a trailer

Before we left for the canyon, the handyman and I had a dilemma: how do we get the house sitter (who has a self-proclaimed black thumb) to water all the starts without making her go to the greenhouse everyday? The handyman gets all the credit for this one...



He already owned the trailer...



The lumber was scrap...



I have no idea where the plastic came from...



And that's a five-dollar bathroom heater from Home Resource. The handyman wasn't really worried about the water/humidity because... well, it was a bathroom heater. Nevertheless, I made him promise me, so I could promise the house sitter, that the garage would not burn down in our absence. We returned to find no pyro-excitement occurred while we were gone. I know that the handyman knows what he's doing, but - whew! - I was relieved to see the garage still standing when we pulled up after being gone three-and-a-half weeks.



Tomorrow, I'll post the "after" pictures of how the plants fared in the temporary greenhouse.

p.s. Thanks, Kassidy! Either you're totally lucky or that thumb of yours is green after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How brilliant was that?