Monday, May 26, 2008

the holiday

It's a holiday. And this is pretty much how I've felt all day.



It's an old pic. Rarely does the handyman get dolled up in anything besides carharts and t-shirts, but occasionally, with the frequency that you could catch a pileated woodpecker pecking out a new habitat or grizzly nursing her young, the handyman can be found in attire that doesn't resemble that of a construction worker. (and do you know how much trouble I'm going to be in for this post? It's lots, let me tell you.)



Anyway, this picture captures how happy I've been with this holiday. No worries. Free to do whatever I want. And what was that? Well, I watched Becoming Jane, and I took a nap. I put my dahlias, lobelia, zinnias, petunias, alyssum, nasturtium, etc. in pots. I needed to transplant my peppers back into containers after I over-stuffed my raised beds, but I already felt ahead of the curve and decided against being an overachiever in the garden. I drank margaritas and ate endless apps with my friend Marnie instead. Doesn't that sound delightful?


I am remiss in getting pictures of the handyman's raised beds up. And pictures of the fabulous pumpkin ice cream that we took to Leigh and Matt's the other day. And pictures of my hanging baskets and raised beds. And pictures of Miss Emma who has been as cute as ever since I returned to our snuggling rituals. But soon. In the meantime, I'm dancing like a handyman with wild, reckless abandon. Because it's the holiday. And it doesn't officially end until midnight. Yay for holidays.

3 comments:

Virginia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Victoria Williams said...

What a great sounding weekend!

Sushi Recipes said...

Thanks great postt